Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phil51

Terrain following - From visual basic to a gauge

Hi all,I have made a visual basic prog which through FSUIPC drives the autopilot to fly the plane at a chosen height above the ground.It's relatively sophisticated as every body knows that there is no way to know what's ahead.For exemple the progs determine in which terrain topology the plane is flying. water surface, flat plain, or mountains, also builds up a zone safety altitude and corrects/anticipate accordingly.Ground elevation statistics are consolidated and used as forecasting/guessing, works real fine up to speeds of 2.2 of mach around 500' above ground, there is an "anti crash" function.You set your desired ground clearance,climb and descent sensitivities, and the emergency safety heigh and the autopilot, according to many factors and the aircraft speed and agility will do the best it can to keep the height and avoid crashing.Right now, I am adding the possibility to fly the route at a safety altitude, recording terrain data to fly it again at very low altitude with the knowledge of what's to come, use GPS route and waypoints for that.In vb it's fine but I can't get it "Inside" fs9, so anybody willing to interface it with a gauge ? I can provide from "outside" the datas or capture the few commands to tune up the module.Picture attached.Regards, Philippe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!