Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phil51

Freeware TWAS and TFR (Terrain Following Radar)

Hi All,I am on the second part of this project : THE interface with FS9 ...Elevation data is coming from SRTM elevation model, flight path with elevation data from an application and exported to CSV file.A VB6 application interfaced to FS9 via FSUIPC or FDSConnect drives the Autopilot integrating the Aircraft performances, Nice and it works perfect.I have 2 questions :1: Are they any free memory offsets to pass data to produce a graph in the XML gauge ? I guess yes but I don' know which offsets are free.2: Is there a way to load a bmp once the gauge is active ? would be nice and close to the SANDEL ST3400 (which is not a freeware)If there is no way we shall use the GPS terrain map...large scale for a TAWS !Thanks for help, Philippe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>2: Is there a way to load a bmp once the gauge is active ?>would be nice and close to the SANDEL ST3400 (which is not a>freeware)>If there is no way we shall use the GPS terrain map...large>scale for a TAWS !PhilippeCant' speak to your question number 1, but regarding this, all you could do is use the tags to turn an element on/off.Sounds like you should really do this gauge in C++, then you could do whatever you need, and even generate graphs/maps on the fly if you wanted.

Hello ! i am a new comer to the site and i was just wondering if you could give me a few basic tips like , how to post a message , and also how to install cockpit in to the planes Many thanks 13oro

Alas Stick ! I've been writing code in all sorts of basics, even PICBASIC, for the past 30 years but I don't know nothing about C++, for your Tag "VISIBLE" that's a good tip, but can you interchange (refresh) the BMP on the fly ? wont it be "locked" or something ?To my discharge, I was also a real life pilot and have a good Line of Sight (LOS) implementation with integration of aircraft capabilities and GPS datas, you may do the TFR in C172 or B1-B or SR-71 it works realistically all the same.My pb is just the look of it...in fact no gauge is needed. Also I did a lot of asp sites but XML...I just use it to pass on datas over TCP/IP networks...but I'm doing my homework for the gau programming.C++ ? sorry, I went on developping electronic automates instead.For the free memory positions, I guess I will post on FDSConnect forum. Thanks anyway, Phil

Hello Philippe,What a project. You need a huge data bank for the elevation numbers though. I am very curious how this will work out in the end. How far are you btw?Keep us posted. Did you solve the bmp presentation already?Roelof

Hi RoelofNo huge data bank ! The principle is close to the line of sight, I enclose an example csv file.BMP pb not resolved and worst, still looking for a freeware prog to generate the terrain profiles, and an API to adapt it to the real aircraft position on the fly, right now it's nailed to a given route... and $500 software, bad, but that will be resolved.As for the gauge, one of the most creative programmers is ready to colaborate, as a matter of fact I can deliver right know a vb prog interfaced via FSUIPC or FSDConnect, without the need for gauge ! but we would miss the cockpit side of it !Anyway, the graphics should be more oriented to Radar picture than moving map. My concern is also that anyboby could use it, without being an ex air force pilot or a computer wizard nor an expert about DEMs or SRTM.Bye for now, Philippe