Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gaudi

Can XML write to a txt file?

Guest rkruijer

Hi,Is there a way7 to make an XML gauge write to a txt file?I would like to be able to write (P:Zulu time, hours) to some kind of log or txt file.Roelof

Guest Gaudi

The answer to your question is NO a XML gauge itselfcan not read or write files!... however ....XML gauges can exchange data with .GAU gauges.And a .GAU is a .DLL that you can program to doeverything, i.e. read/write text files or play sound.I was working on a .gau file that can amongst otherthings read/write the radio settings to a file. Are you programming in C?

Guest rkruijer

>.XML gauges can exchange data with .GAU gauges.>And a .GAU is a .DLL that you can program to do>everything, i.e. read/write text files or play sound.>>I was working on a .gau file that can amongst other>things read/write the radio settings to a file. >>Are you programming in C? Thanks for your answer. I can hardly wait to see this gau file of yours. I do not program in C. XML only!I know about playing sounds through dll and ini file. I think it was made possible by Doug.btw will your gauge only write the radio settings to file?Roelof

Guest Gaudi

Yes, dsd_xml_sound by Doug Dawson is a great way to play sounds with xml gauges. Good about his new versions is that they don't need a special module for the sound. It's all in the .gau file. But besides sound there are so many situations in wich it's desirable to read/write to a file from within a xml that I started to do my own programming.So far I only have a version that read / write 16 vars at panel open and close. Just to test the thechniques involved. I could adapt this one for your specific situation. It is only fun if after a lot of programming and testing you end up with something that is useful for a lot of people , therefore I am always curious what someone might expect from such a gauge. Maybe you can e-mail me and give me a more detailed description of what you want to achieve in your panel.