Sign in to follow this  
Guest rkruijer

Description of Aircraft.cfg items

Hi,Can anyone point me to a list of descriptions and/or explanations of the items seen in the aircraft.cfg file?Are there special editors for aircraft.cfg or *.air files?What is actually hidden in the .mdl file?What does this instruction say or do? PROP FEATHERING INHIBIT Feathering inhibit flag (bool)Thanks for your time,Roelof

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. aircraft.cfg descriptions are in the corresponding SDK. for FS-X it's the Aircraft COnfiguration Files/.htm located in (default installation) C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKSimObject Creation KitSimObject Container SDKAircraft Configuration Files.htm2. The MDL file contains the visual model(s), texture assignments, animations - i.e., how it looks. The "how it flies" is in the *.air and aircraft.cfg files.Reading all the SDKs, to get what the different variables and tags are is more than a useful exercise, and much more interesting than posing a question and waiting for an answer! Good luck on pursuing this madness.

>Good luck on pursuing this madness.Thanks,I will get to it somehow. Pointing me to the SDK is helping me anyway.Roelof