Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

How to simulate flat-spin behavior

Hi all :)I'm trying to create an aircraft that will flat-spin when stalled.However, I haven't yet figured out how to get rid of the nose-down attitude that shows whenever airspeed decreases below stall-speed.What table in the FDE should I look at, and how should it in general be set to make the aircraft drop the tail rather than the nose in stall-situations?Any help or suggestions, or whatever else you might now in this regard, would be appreciated :)Thanks.JEL

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>>>>What table in the FDE should I look at, and how should it in general be set to make the aircraft drop the tail rather than the nose in stall-situations?<<<< I doubt you

Thanks very much Douglas, you definitely cracked the coconut open for me :)Your insightful comments here was very very helpful in fact. I now have the raw behavior close to what I want, and just need to fine-tune it to get the small details as correct as possible.If you want I will put you (and if you have a website or something you want mentioned) in the credits-list of this aircraft (a freeware FDE of the F104-Starfighter, a jet I am very passionate about :) . There's no visual model since I don't have satisfactory skills in that direction, so I just concentrate on the FDE and then have the project available as a sort of 'open-source' so others can add a visual model to it if they want)Many thanks again for your help :)Jacob.

>>>>If you want I will put you (and if you have a website or something you want mentioned) in the credits-list of this aircraft (a freeware FDE of the F104-Starfighter, a jet I am very passionate about.<<<