Sign in to follow this  
Guest chicodave

On-screen Keyboard

Guest chicodave

Does anyone know how to get the Windows XP ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD to work while flying in full screen mode? It works great when you fly in window mode.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

By definition FULL-SCREEN means that one (and only one) application has access to the screen.However, you can "maximize" your FS "window" and then toggle the other window on top when needed. Not sure what you are talking about when you say on-screen keyboard, but good luck.

Guest chicodave

GO to (All Programs)>(Accessories)>(Accessibility) and you will see the (On-screen keyboard). (By definition FULL-SCREEN means that one (and only one) application has access to the screen.)Yes you are right but the then how does FSINN work? Do I need to make the (On-Screen Keyboard) an add-on? Can that be done?

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>>(By definition FULL-SCREEN means that one (and only one)>>application has access to the screen.)>>Yes you are right but the then how does FSINN work? Do I need>to make the (On-Screen Keyboard) an add-on? Can that be done? FSINN and other programs are either written as add-on apps using simconnect or other techniques to operate as a window within FS itself (ie a sub-window of the app window).Yes, such a program could be written but it is not a project for the beginner. If you are an impaired user, you might consider contacting MS and/or ACES and letting them know you would like such a capability. Perhaps they could make it happen if they see that some such as yourself would be able to enjoy their games.Another possibility would be to create such an interface as an aircraft add-on gauge. This could be done in XML or C++, and in fact would operate (and could even look like) a CDU in a jet. There are several people here that have programmed CDUs, and there might even be some freeware that you could modify for your needs.Good luck.

Guest chicodave

That is a good idea. I will contact the boys at MS. The biggest reason I like to use the (On-screen Keyboard) is for communicating with the in game ATC. When you need to respond to ATC it is nice to be able to just hit a button on the screen rather than look for it on the keyboard. I will see if they (MS) might think it is a good idea.Thank you

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Well, you might try learning to touch-type. It is a good "investment" as it is something you will use your entire life.

Guest chicodave

OK THEN thank you for the HELP

Guest Douglas K

>>>>When you need to respond to ATC it is nice to be able to just hit a button on the screen rather than look for it on the keyboard<<<

Guest chicodave

That is what I was looking for. Thank you for the help. I will but it to good use.DAVE