Sign in to follow this  
Guest ACD784

PSS B757 in FSX? YES! but......

Guest ACD784

Hi people, I am not a panel wizzard, nor a code geek. But I am very demanding on my panels :-bang .So out of just pure frustration with the current Captain SIM FMC, I just wondered to myself what if??????? So here I went installing the PSS B757 on FSX. I was crossing my fingers and....:-jumpy IT WORKED! :-beerchug BUT........:-zhelp The overhead panel won't pop up. Here is why. It is titled as:Fixed Window37=OVERHEAD - USE KEYPAD 5and the section reads as this:Fixed Window37](I removed the first bracket for the line to show)Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=1024,768position=7visible=0ident=37render_3d_window=0nomenu=0window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=PSS-B757!Overhead, 0,0,1024Problem is that the 5 on keypad just tilts up view in FSX as this ident is working in FS9 it doesn't in FSX x( . Same thing occured to me with the magnificent HNAC A300 panel all coded in XML, because it is using the same VIEW_UP command. I might also add that PSS panel has invisible click spots to open overhead on main panel and to close it (on the overhead panel).I tried some workarounds with the default ovehead panel simicon but panel is showing "behind" main panel and I can't put it in front.So if you people have a more elegant solution to propose I would much appreciate it.BTW all buttons and switches work, all that remains is a test flight with a merged model since PSS one has big problems in rendering properly on FSX. Anyway I used to merge it with POSKY B757 winglet in FS9 and the result was flawless :-hah Thank you for your help and input.

Guest ACD784

Thank you for your overwhelming response...I own a legit licence of this aircraft, PSS is down the drain so no support is available and the hope to see them EVER issue an FSX version are remote...I probably asked the wrong way.........

Guest Patrick_Waugh

You know, no one here is paid to do this, so be patient. You might not get a response for a couple of days if people are busy, or if you have asked something that only a couple of people know enough about to respond.Anyway, you can control the "z-order" of panels with an undocumented panel.cfg line.zorder=nWhere 'n' goes from 0 (bottom) to 100 (top).This has been asked and answered many times. You might try search if you want answers sooner.Patrick

Guest ACD784

Thank you Patrick, will try thisand BTW.... I am a VERY patient man :-halo