Sign in to follow this  

Captain Speaking 2002

Guest JerBear

Is there anybody using Captain Speaking 2002. I would like to know before I buy.ThanksJerBear

Hello there,I'm also curious about the "captain speaking 2002" add-on.Does the reply "Bump" mean that it's worthless?And if so...why? greetingsPeter

Peter,"Bump" automatically bumps the message back to the top of the list. This way the message doesn't get lost down the stack as new messages come in. Actually you could type anything and it will work as well. Bump has become the universal meathod.Cheers,John

Ah...I get it.ThanksPeter

As the orginal of this message on 4/23, I can only assume that this is not a product that many people own... This makes me wonder if the original Capt Speaking 2000 product was problematic.Comments on either of these from anyone???!David

I reviewed the FS2000 verison of Captain Speaking with Maury Pratt last year. The review is available is in the Multipurpose/Utility section of the review archive.We both had a lot of technical problems with the product. I was only able to complete one successful flight.In my opinion, the biggest limitation was the lack of variety. There were only 37 flights available in the FS2000 version. Almost half of those were the recipriocal flight (e.g. KSFO-KLAX and KLAX-KSFO are considered 2 adventures).There wasn't a lot of replay value compared to other FS Adventure products.Ed RutledgeStaff Reviewer AVSIM Online

Ed,Thanks very much for your remarks. The features of the product sounded very interesting and I figured that there would be a limited number of preconfigured "adventures" or flights... But I didn't think the number would be so small -- or reciprical flights!On a side note: I did not know that there was a "review" archive - I will check there prior to posting in the future.Out of curiosity, have you had any experience with Flight Deck Companion? Or, can you make any suggestions for similar applications that enhance realism in ATC or the cockpit? I would like to learn a little more before going live at VATSIM.Thanks again for your help!David

David,Unfortunately my experience with Flight Deck Companion (or anything else FS related) has been really limited lately. I'm in the middle of relocating the family from Illinois to Dallas Texas. Between new jobs, selling and buying a house (plus a new baby at the end of the last year), I've been grounded. :)I'm looking forward to catching up to the FS world here in about a month.I haven't flown VATSIM in awhile, but flying with real world controllers is an experience that no program can duplicate - it's really the best. But real world contraints mean you aren't going to have the coverage or traffic that you get in a 3rd party addon. ed