Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Any freeware Unwrap program or plugin?

Guest Claviateur

Hello,I am looking for a free tool to unwrap my complex objects and export it as an image file so I can paint my textures exactly over each face and the maping will be easier and precise. I know there are some unwrap tools but they are all shareware and we cant save with them. So anyone knows a free one?CheersMichel

Guest Claviateur

Thanks So much Bob, as I tried it I noticed that it does not open Gmax models, so shall I convert the Gmax models to a format recordnized by the unwraper using a 3ds or autocad gmax plugin?ThanksMichel

Michel, you need to download the "tempest" gamepack for quake3. Run the install...you'll get an error but disregard it. The files will still be extracted, and all you need is the files stuck in your plugins dir of your gmax install.Now when you export, you'll have options of *.mdl for quake. Do that. Then import the model into lithunwrap.B

Have you seen the tutorials Finn put out (from the gmax bulliten board)? They're pretty cool, and he shows cool ways of producing the spacing on your bmp textures by using the bmp save feature from lithunwrap.I suspect that's what Michel is interested in. I sure am also.Bob B

Guest Claviateur

Thanks so much gentlemen, this is exactly what I need, a format that lithunwrap can load. I will try Quake pluginCheersMichel

Guest Claviateur

Hi Bob,Do you have the web link for the Gmax board please?ThanksMichel

just go to www.discreet.com and then support and gmax and discussion forumsB

Guest Claviateur

Thanks Bob! I do not know why discreet is slow and autodesk FTP is slow It is takng me forever to download tempest game pack with 128bytes/sec on a cable modem!!!! WeidMichel