Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Help with my airport

Hi everyone. I looking for some advice and/or an opinion. I would like to enhance my home airport. I just want to adjust the taxiways and add some buildings. What is the easiest, cheapest way of doing it. I have Airport 2.6 and Airport & Scenery Designer, however I find them somewhat difficult to use. I don't know if it just me or the crappy "help" files that come with them. Anyway, I would appreciate and feedback you would like to give. Thanks.

I was just getting ready to ask those very same questions. I'll have to keep an eye on this. I live in Reno, Nevada, and the default scenery really bites.LP

Although I can't respond to this question with a difinitive answer due to my own newbiw status, I'm surprised that no one else offered to give a suggestion. There are quite a few of you out here with a vast amount of scenery design knowledge. Surely someone can offer these two the next step in their quest. Heck, I might even learn something!Please give their question another look.DougWoodstock, GA

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect no one has responded because the poster explained that he had tools but said he couldn't use them.So, what is he asking for? ok, as long as I've begun..... Most folks do use Airport 2.6, some use ASD, some use Ground Maker, Some use FSSC...these are all useful for writing scasm code that establishes the taxiways, runways, that sort of thing. They also all let you place macros.Macros are what people used to always make when creating a custom structure or other 3d element, like a static plane or vehicle or whatever. Programs are avaiable to help make them, like FSDS, Nova, or EOD.GMAX is the current darling for fs2k2 object design.The best way to create a ground surface is to use terrabuilder lite.Having said that, I personally think each of these programs are a bit more complicated than Airport. If Airport is beyond you, then best of luck.Bob Bernstein

> I looking for some advice and/or an opinion. I would like >to enhance my home airport. I just want to adjust the >taxiways and add some buildings. What is the easiest, >cheapest way of doing it. Easiest and cheapest? My opinion is to go with Airport 2.6. I know that the tutorials leave much to be desired, but if you are patient, you can play around with them and "learn as you go". Make taxiways and adding default buildings is pretty easy, so it shouldn't be too hard. Both are easy enough to add - just right-click on the screen and choose "create building" from the popup menu. It might take a bit of time to learn it, but stick with it, and experiment with the different settings in the buildings dialog box to cheange the way it looks.- Martin