Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

An other question about Landclass Assistant

Hi all,After having red John Cillis's excelent LANDCLASS ASSISTANT DOCUMENTATION AND TUTORIAL I'm still left with one question on editing landclass.inf.Shouldn't the lines CellXdimensionDeg = 0.0146484CellYdimensionDeg = 0.0109863be edited as well in relation with the lat/long of the working area?If yes, how do I recalculate these?Thanks for your help and thanks to John Cillis for this superb tool.Hugo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"If yes, how do I recalculate these?"First, you're very welcome....Second--You leave those lines alone now, OK :)The length and width of the LOD 5 grid's lat and lon never change in terms of degrees, but as you go further north, the width in terms of miles/kilometers does change, since all lon. lines converge at the poles.. Resample is only looking at the step value in terms degrees, which is constant when divided among the .raw file--hence the unchanging cell dimensions. I've given folks a friendly warning not to play with the .inf files, other than updating the lat/lon values calculated by landclass assistant. My next release, which should be in Avsim's library within hours, will even apply that update automatically to the .inf file. Thus, you should never have to edit the .inf file unless you're working on a project with adjoining tiles. Other than the now resolved XP issues (Thank you again Misho!), 99 percent of the support emails I've received have been due to people taking creative license with the .inf files, and changing things in there set up for a very specific reason--Microsoft's :). I don't even recommend changing the path or filenames prior to running the batch file, as both files are meant to work regardless of a project folder's name, or even its drive location.Regards,John Cillis - Author, Landclass Assistant & Autoland 2001

>>First, you're very welcome.... Not as much as YOU are ;-)>>Second--You leave those lines alone now, OK :) OK :-)>>I've given folks a friendly warning not to play with the >.inf files, other than updating the lat/lon values >calculated by landclass assistant.I haven't, I didn't :-smooch>My next release, which >should be in Avsim's library within hours, will even apply >that update automatically to the .inf file.Got it :9>>Regards, >>John Cillis - Author, Landclass Assistant & Autoland 2001 Thanks for your precisions John and again thanks for your good workHugo