Sign in to follow this  

This thing needs MUCH brighter night textures!!

So... is there a way to do this?I've seen some night textures modified - but - I suppose that even white dims quite a bit as it goes into the distance. I'm wondering if there is a way to tell MS not to dim the night texture value for white, or even better, an alpha for a ground texture bitmap, so much.Any thoughts?Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

helloTry this just for fun...get Martin Wrights --show-- program...create shortcut on desktoptake your night texture (they end in lm I think) and drop it into Showonce it opens you can adjust the contrast and brightness and sharpnessof any bmp or R8 the result is much brighter lights I have mine a bit on the blue side...its alot of work but Im going one city at a time and adjusting them all...just make sure you back up your originals and then go to town...let me know if you like it...I have nothing to compare to but i thinkits as good as White Light which is something like 8 or 10 megs or something...have fun...odog,.

Thanks, I'll check that out.What I'd LOVE is if there were a way to do this:http://www.nomissoft.com/screenshots.html#b2Where there were countless little point lights out to the visible distance...>hello >>Try this just for fun...get Martin Wrights --show-- >program... >>create shortcut on desktop >>take your night texture (they end in lm I think) and drop it >into >Show >>once it opens you can adjust the contrast and brightness and >sharpness >of any bmp or R8 the result is much brighter lights I have >mine a bit on the blue side... >>its alot of work but Im going one city at a time and >adjusting them all... >>just make sure you back up your originals and then go to >town... >>let me know if you like it...I have nothing to compare to >but i think >its as good as White Light which is something like 8 or 10 >megs or >something... >>have fun...odog,.