Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafaelds

Converting VRML (.WRL) to a GMAX-importable format

Hi again.I managed to get some nice 3d models for important buildings in my city, but they are in VRML 2.0 format. Now I am looking after a way to import them into GMAX. I heard some modeling tools can open them, but the only one I have is GMAX. I even tried a freeware 3d converter called Crossroads3D, but it only seems to accept 1.0 files. Does someone know of any other utility to convert it, or can anyone with 3DStudio open them for me and save them in .3DS?Thanks.Rafa

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Rafa you do know that you will loose your textures on your mesheswhen they are Imported into gmax right? You will probably have to re-skin your meshes. Also what pgm did you do your models in?. If youemail me I could convert the files for you. Dan

Thanks Dan, but one person already has offered to convert them for me.As for the textures, the models aren't textured. I didn't do them myself, they were done by people in the civil engineering dept. in my university. I don't intend to use them directly into FS (perhaps just as a test) because of their high complexity level and unnecessary details. But they will be very useful for modelling clones of them.Rafa