Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Autogen and excluded scenery

HiFinally I got the ground tectures to work. I put some autogen on it and it works .. but how to exlcude the defualt airport underneath??I just placedd the new ground textures over the exitisng default FS2002 airport, so the runways and buildings are still visible. I placed and eclude switch in the scenery.cfg, but that also excludes my autogen scenery I just made.Is there any way to eclude the "old" standard FS2002 airport and place something new onnit INCLUDING working autogen??It must be working, MS did the same with the Oshkosh scenery.thanks & regards :-)Mario

Guest Claviateur

Hi,For Oshkosh, I believe MS used the resampler.exe tool or another tool they did recently to layout the custom photoreal ground textures. Then using Annotator they added the Autogen over the textures. You can verrify this by looking in the texture folder where it is installed you will see .agn files coupled with the textures. I hope this means MS will release a terrain SDK soon for FS2002And I am stil lanxious to get this SDK!CheersMichel

Michel,what makes you say: <>We can already produce new terrain using resample.exe and annotate on top of it.Bob Bernstein

Guest Claviateur

Hi Bob,Actually if we read one of the docs that come with the annotator tool they mention at one point to refer to the FS2002 Terrain SDK tool. I wonder where it is. And even though we can use resampler from FS2000 in 2002 thats not all of what we scenery designers are looking for. Actually a terrain is not only composed of mesh. It is Mesh + Landcalss + Autogen + Coastlines + Rivers/roads/lakes We know how to modify Mesh, we know the basics of Landcalsses as for the rest of the list we have no idea how the coasts or rivers or roads for exemple can be manipulatedThe resampler.exe we have is a very basic and tool. MS should think about releasing a utility similar to the user interface of FSEdit or Annotator and that will let almost anybody manipulate the mentioned terrain elements in a handy wayDos commands are really outdated I think!CheersMichel