Sign in to follow this  

Bumpy & hidden taxiways.

I'm using Architect 2002 and a FSSDK generated sat photo landscape. Everything is fine except that the taxiways in my airport are bumpy (aircraft hop around) and sections of the taxiways are getting hidden by the textured landscape. What's strange is that I have 0 elevation so it isn't a terrain mesh problem. I've tried some of the code snipits found here on the forum but I'm not sure I'm doing it right or that the code isn't applicable to my problem. Anyway any help/hints would be appreciated.

Guest Barney1

Still sounds like an elevation conflict somewhere. What is the default elevation; that is, with your scenery disabled, for the same area? Make sure there aren't variances with it as well. You may have to raise yours from "0" to ensure none of the default is 'poking' through.

Guest RobA

Barney, Thanks for bringing up this tip again. Having the correct elevations at the beginning of your project is step numero uno!!!!!! Having addon scenery disabled to check the elevation is a good idea too.Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Hi there I had exactly this problem, using architect2002, doug is going to include a fix for this in is next release.I suggest you visit Arno's site http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/under scasm tips 'bumpy taxiways'I used this piece of scasm code from Arno's site, which I give him full credit for, changing just Header info(your location) and surface type(0 4000 4000 0) 4000=4000metres x 4000metres= the area you wish to incude for smooth surface.This was my first attempt at Scasm coding, and it worked. Now i am doing greater things with scasm coding, you won't look back ; Title: Welshpool- EGCW ; Smoothing ; copyrighted to D L Jones Header( 1 53:27:50.971190 51:47:51.028529 -01:47:8.928723 -04:31:37.070816 ) LatRange( 51:47:51.028529 53:27:50.971190 )Area( 5 52:38:5.10 -03:09:13.19 30 ) RefPoint( rel : 1.00 52:38:5.10 -03:09:13.19 V1= 0 V2= 0 ) SurfaceType( 0 4000 4000 0 )EndAhope this will help,Regards Dave