Sign in to follow this  

New to scenery design

I am new to scenery design. Could anyone tell me what software i need to place a few buildings around the airports.

I've used EODThere's also Nova and FSDSThese create the 'buildings'.Airport for Windows, amongst others will then place these 'buildings' (usually called macros or api's) for you.This is a good place to start if the buildings are few and you are just setting off on this long & interesting & highly rewarding enterprise.Somewhere down the line you will have to take a long look at gmax.The other thing to try and understand are the various types of texture files. Take a look at Imagetool or the wonderful utilities available at:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/If you have any questions at all feel free to ask them here, there's a bunch of us who are very willing to help.

Thanks. I downloaded airport and i can't seem to get it to work for fs2002. How do i get the textures to display. I take it that the folders have to be changed in the preferences but i cannot get the right folders. Please help.

It doesn't display the ground textures.None of the scenery layout programs do.The best that can be done is do a screensave from top down view in FS then use it as a background in Airport.The challenge then becomes getting the scale of your bitmap to match the relative positions in FS.Create a runway the same size as the one in the airport you are working on then scale up or down till the background aligns with the one you've created. Once you think you have it right you can remove the runway and start adding your buildings.