Sign in to follow this  

I DID IT!!!! I DELETED THE STATIC AIRCRAFT!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-xxrotflmaoI DID IT!!!!I deleted the static aircraft from the scenery and re-compiled it, all by myself! I downloaded BGL Analyzer & Airport For Windows. I decompiled the BGLs with BGL Analyzer into SCASMs, then I opened up the SCASM files with Airport For Windows, deleted the static aircraft, and finally I compiled & installed the same Jeddah.zip scenery without any static aircraft! Only the stuff I want is there :-hah I hope this will help others who want to delete unwanted objects from their scenery :DNow I can enjoy my hometown's scenery in just the way I want it to be :D :D :D :DAsim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Saudi_777,Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know you figured it out. And your feedback will help others that I am sure.cheers, George B.

Saudi, Thank you for the post as I was planning to do the same! :)Now to get those downloads. Julian

Well done - but if you had read your Emails (I sent you two) then I could have saved you the trouble as I already had a set without the static aircraft, buses and air-stairs but didn't want to particularly broadcast the fact ;-))Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

Thanks Peter! :D I guess I didn't check my e-mail... Did you delete the static aircraft & cars in my same way or in a different way?Thanks,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

>Thanks Peter! :D I guess I didn't check my e-mail... Did you >delete the static aircraft & cars in my same way or in a >different way? I did it the hard way - Decomp with BGLanalyze then edit the statics (and afd/dynamics) from the sca file with MSwrite then recompile with scdis/scasm!! After all that there isn't much left is there? BTW, I guess you found the first file 'Aircraft static.BGL' was all statics so that was one less to worry about.Thanks for your way - seems to be the easiest option yet; always goes to show your never too old to learn ;-))Now, if you have done an AFCAD file it would be appreciated ... ?!Oh yes, before I go, a word to those worried about hacking other peoples work. What I do is purely for personnal use, as I am sure Asim has done also!Best regards, Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

I'm actually working on a realistic AFCAD file but it's kinda tough... At the real OEJN airport over here, the preferential runway system when the winds are coming from the north is landings on 34C & takeoffs from 34L. If someone can help me in making the AFCAD I'll provide the best info 'cause I'm a citizen of Jeddah :D Because the unrealistic thing about FS2002 is that it only uses 1 runway at a time, and during the Hajj months I usually see aircraft landing parralel to each other: One landing on 34C and one on 34L. Any AFCAD gurus around here????As for the personall use matter I'm just using this scenery for myself since I contacted the author zillions of times and he won't respond... And of course uploading it without permission could mean trouble! But since it's a freeware scenery I think I'll just upload it to my VA only (www.sv-virtual.com) and I'll still give credit to the original author in the Readme file.Best Regards,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

Doing what you want to the AFCAD file isn't a problem!There is a trick in making runways the same 'virtual' length and closing them off differently for landing and takeoffs.Take a read of the docs file and have a look at how other 'overlay' airports have been done. A good example is KDFW.(Sorry I can't help at the moment as I am trying to put my system back together after a HDD crash!)Regards, Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.