Sign in to follow this  

Help for newbie please.

Hi everyone I am new to this scenery design stuff so I hope you can bear with me. I am using Airport for windows and I am trying to create my local training airport, which is Jandakot in Perth, Australia.I have been going through the tutorial in the readme and trying to change it to suit my needs. My problem is there is already a airport in FS2002 but it only has the 3 runways and no taxiways or buildings etc.I have been able to add new runways but the old runways go over top of mine, is there a way to wipe out the old runways and buildings? and just have a blank canvas to work with.Hope someone can help me with this.Thanks in advance.Barry Cuff.

If you are using Airport and really want to start with a blank canvas just draw an exclude area. Right click and choose Exclude area in Airport. Then you can click the 4 points that define the corners and drag them anywhere you want to. You can choose to exlude EVERYTHING like the VORs, NDBs, ILS, and building (which will get rid of runways too). Then your best bet is to also make a Flatten area (left click again and choose from the menu) that covers the area you will be working with. I had trouble with this at first at my scenery (KRDU) because the altitude at the airport (default) was something close to 438. My flatten are is 0.3 feet below the default altitude (you have to do this for some reason). Now my scenery is at 441 feet. I don't know how or why but everything is working perfectly. Hope this helps.