Sign in to follow this  

What do you think of this texture?

Hello, This is going to be my first FULL attempt at designing scenery and I have decided to bite the bullet and go for my nearest airport which is a good size project for me!!!! I start last night to produce a smaple texture and see how well I could do to replicate the ground at Edinburgh (EDI/EGPH) and also to refine my technique(s) if I have any LOL...please tell me what you think and how I can improve!!!! Thanks,http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d4397746aa4d31a.jpg

Hi I like it try to add a layer with a "shadow mask" in Photo shop(if that's what you used)and then merge the layers. BTW have you seenthe grass plug-in in Maya? way cool but alas it will be a while before one could get it to run in something like Flight sim (or any other consumer software for that matter). But like I said the above looks great to little old me!. Dan

Hello, What do you mean shadow layer? There is nothing to cast a shadow onto the texture, only a few taziway signs and maybe a ridge of grass!!! Thanks for the comment, I am working on a new texture and working on new grass!! Thanks

A320guy,That looks great! Do you have any qualms letting someone "borrow" that texture. I am working on KRDU in a semi-photoreal kind of way. I would like to see what that grass texture would look like for my airport layout (getting rid of the default decal).Let me know! PS This is my first attempt at this design stuff too.

Hello, tlassiter - Feel free to use the grass texture!!! As long as I am credited, I do not mind. :-) As you can tell I believe in helping people :)

Hi what I am talking about is what's called a mask so that you can give "depth" by adding a grey scale element to your texture if you go over to the Fly general forum and look at the anchored post from Pascal you will see what I mean. Looks way cool BTW. Dan

How can I get my hands on it? Will you send it to me?Thanks

Hello, Send me an e-mail at : captain_m_murray@hotmail.com and I will send you the grass texture :-)