Sign in to follow this  

What material should be used to make FSRegen-readable T

Just like the subject, how do I make the triangle in gmax? which material? To get one I had to open a sample aircraft and delete everything until I had a triangle left. Lots of things done for that.

Click on the shapes button under the create tab, and select"NGon" and under paramaters, set the sides option to 3. I've also succesfully made them (before discovering ngon)using the lines tool. Matt

Yeah, I use the line tool most of the time. I really havn't done the Ngon route, but I am sure it will work. If you are making more than one triangle and need to connect them, then you will have to set up the snap otions in Gmax. At the bottom of the screen, 3 down from the Animate button, there is a button that has a horseshoe magnet and a number in the corner. Click on it and choose the option with 2 in the corner. Then right click on the same button and select Vetices only. That way whenever you have to connect two triangles, GMax will snap your point to the vertex of an existing triangle, provided your cursor is close to it. The pointer will turn into a blue crosshair when you are on the vertex. If this is confusing check out George's FSregen site and look at the tutorial for creating a lake. All of this is in there...in picture form.I think you were asking about materials too. In Gmax, select your triangle(s), convert them to editable mesh, and click on the materials button. In the highlight section, increase the Level to 100. Then choose a highlight color. This color has to be one of 7 or 8 that are explained in the FSregen manual. You have to make sure that the saturation for whatever color is at the max. ie: R=0, G=255, B=0.Hope this helps