Sign in to follow this  

help please....

i'm new to the scenery world in the flightsim world. LOL. but i was wondering how do i create jetways the will automatically move to your plane without JUMPING like simflyers and with out killing frames?please dont suggest nova, i've tried ssooo many times i still cant get it..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I definitely don't know what I am talking about, but I think you have to model the jetway in GMax and then animate in there (keyframe). After that you assign a special name like Tick18_Name or something like that to the object(s). I really don't know specifics so maybe someone out there would like to explain it in detail. I would like to know too! Search on here for animation or something like that.

I've noticed your posts in all caps in the other forum that states you are the CEO of a company and that you are "hiring" scenery designers. In one sentence you stated that if no one applies you will immediately terminate your scenery projects. On your website you've just "extended" the hiring date!I've been tempted to ask, and yet not wanting to embarass you or myself...so I haven't.....but.....(MUST ASK...MUST ASK...)Are you a real CEO? It stands for Chief Executive Officer. Is your company a real company? Do you have revenue and pay salaries? How many employees do you have? And is the scenery designer job a paid position?I ask for a variety of reasons, partly because your comment that you'll stop projects if no one applies sounds like what a CEO might say if he wanted to alter peoples behaviour by taking away something they value, but likely here, if this is like other scenery projects, you value the notion of a scenery design project that isn't begun yet more than anyone else, so the threat of its cancellation seems odd..like no one would really notice. (unless you have paid employees that might lose their jobs)The other reason I ask is that I'm somewhat intrigued by the growth of simulation beyond our hobby software program simulating flying. I mean the pleasure folks demonstrate by simulating business through the interchange of freeware on the internet. I watch folks form simulated "companys" and compete over who's the best simulated "company", and argue over whether freeware is dying just because one or more simulated "companys" go out of "business" regardless of how much freeware appears in librarys. Kind of like forming a simulated "company" creates simulated "validity" in the minds of the simulated "consumers". All of this is really just fun to watch, and the more I watch the more I see. Ever notice how "releases" are advertised for freeware! Isn't that an amusing borrowing of a concept from the world of commerce. "Announcements" are made by "CEOs" of freeware groups, imitating what we see in the world of business. I have personal friends that have been using a plural "we" when discussing the "company" on the website. "We are working on.....or Call "us" if you need...(when I know for a fact its just one guy! LOLOL....the "we" creates the image of an organization with cubicles, and the rat a tat tat buzz of a busy organization, phones ringing...etc...when really the guy has a nice computer in his study! LOLWell, I hope you receive this message with the spirit of fun intended, and let me know....are you having fun simulating a company, kind of pretending to be a CEO, or are you a real company with a payroll?Best of luck, both with your projects and your company,Bob Bernstein