Sign in to follow this  

Help from Guru's

Hi! After learning how to do repaints and modifying airports using afcad, I have the traffic at worldwide airports at an acceptable level. I am using G-max to create objects (buildings, terminals, etc) no problems here. Can't wait to be able to add api's made from g-max into scenery, thanks to fsregen!!. This is the hard part for me. I am having a hard time using excludes, flattens, can't get them to work properly. Funny, I am using G-max o.k. but can't do something this simple!! If I use (ASD, FSSC, groundmaker) I get different results. For example, with groundmaker I make an island polygon with a runway, taxiway, apron ,tower. The aircraft sinks into the ground any other place other than on the runway. apron polygon doesn't show up. If I use default scenery, I exclude a very large area instead of specific objects or area. Why do some programs, fssc and groundmaker use different ways of referencing an area or objects . Which one is best?? I want to learn how to use BGLC. But I can't even get a simple exclude to work or to make scnenery so that aircraft don't sink into ground. I have read different posts here on excludes and flattens. I must be missing something... I'll keep trying! Thanks Jorge

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jorge,Perhaps it is time for you to download the newest Airports For Windows package(s). You can create polygons on top of surface hardened areas with the new Airport For Windows package. It can be found at:http://www.airportforwindows.comYou must first install the full basic package then upgrade per instructions to the newest (I would suggest 154 build....not the alpha stuff). You will also want to download the newest scasm.exe stuff from this site, (SCASM 88).In short, there are a few people that have greatly improved on what the newest AFW can do and they have plans to continue development for this package.George B.

Thanks!! I downloaded the latest version of Airport 2.6 Bulld 154. Looking over code for excludes, flattens and polygons. Placed invisible runway under island and now airplanes don't sink. Very easy. Polygons show up where they should. Wonder why the other programs had problems (maybe me). 30 minutes of AFW and no problems.Are excludes the same area boundries as an object or can you place a small exclude command just larger than the center of the object? Jorge