Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

Creating Textures

Is anybody aware of any specific programs to create textures for FS scenery? I was looking at purchasing PhotoShop, but it was expensive and looked complicated (for the non-graphic design artist in me). What other programs are available to create textures?Thanks,Jay

I wasn't aware there was a scaled-down version of PhotoShop called PhotoShop Elements ... something to check out - thanks, Toprob.Jay

To What 'kind' of textures are you referring ?Ground seasonal?Buildings?Aircraft?Try The Gimp!www.gimp.orgIt's about as good as it gets for free.

be careful! I don't think you get "undos" with "elements"....anyway, if you buy it make sure you can return it. For $100...or whatever it costs, I'd expect full function. Gimp is free and lets you determine undo limit based on your harddrive memory, I found a copy of Corel Photopaint (ver 9) at a surplus store for $22. If I HAD to spend $100 on graphics, I may lean to paintshop pro over "elements", even thou photoshop is likely a far better product than paintshop pro, but at least you would have full functionality.

Guest odog

i dont use it, but i found paint shop pro 7 for free. i use gimp and pixia. google --psp7 crack-- to get free version, ive passed the 30day trial and its still going, my buds had it for 3mos! i think it was like 30meg d/l.odog