Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barney1

Keeping the default runway...

Hi,Is there any way to exclude a whole airport but to keep the default runway only? I know you can create an identical runway with Airport 2.6 but I don't like the PAPI that comes with the Airport 2.6 runways because it is very small and not easily visible and I would prefer to keep the default FS PAPI (or the whole runway).Thanks:-wave

Guest Barney1

If you're using Apt 2.6, you can select up to 8 individual exclusion commands for a particular scenery area; thus enabling some degree of pinpoint accuracy in removing specific items while leaving others unscathed. However, it all depends on the position of everything else. In other words, since the influence of the exclusion is determined by a set of coordinates, the runway in question could (could) be saved if it is not within, or close to, said coordinates of any other object which is targeted for removal. If the runway is off by itself, you may get lucky; trial and error would seem to be the best method of proving.