Sign in to follow this  

Traffic routes in edited airport...

Hi there, i am new to scenery design and i am having trouble with the traffic at my airport. I have Excluded everything over the entire area of my airport (EGBE) and all is well in terms of the look of the airport. My problem is this, the AI traffic will not follow the taxi ways or use the runway. I have used AFCAD to place all of these in the correct place but it seems that fs2002 is still using the defult traffic routes for the airport. Does anybody know how i can fix this?....This may just be telling me where the original traffic routes are. I dont understand this because my new airport in AFCAD has no traffic routes but the old routes are still being used. Thanks in advance......please ask if there is anything i have not made clear...Cheers.......

Nequinox,See the other reply I gave you in this section. Firstly, AFCAD does not create traffic routes. At least this is what it appears you are saying. AFCAD is used to create taxiways and parking areas or modify existing ones. And when you save the AFCAD "work file" it re-compiles the bgl file that gets placed into SCENERYDBAFD and ATC directories.If the taxiway nodes and parking areas are set up correcly in AFCAD and you save the changes....... then whatever AI traffic is currently in effect (stock routes).Your statement "I have used AFCAD to place all of these in the correct place but it seems that fs2002 is still using the defult traffic routes for the airport. Does anybody know how i can fix this..." seams to indicate that you are confusing what AFCAD creates or modifies (taxiway and connecting nodes between runways and parking areas) with Traffic Routing WHICH IS NOT CONTROLLED BY AFCAD. FS2K2 looks at the airport bgl files located as indicated above, for how to move the aircraft within the bounds of the airport facility.It appears that you are not making correctly assigned connectins between parking areas, taxiways, and active runways. If you do this in AFCAD, then (assuming the AI flights are not effected as far as time frames go, time it takes to taxi...takeoff, land at destination airport and taxi to a parking area), then stock flight plans should operate correctly at your modified airport.George B.