Sign in to follow this  

Disappearing AI Aircraft when given clearence??

Fixed my last problem now i have another. I have recreated EGBE and used AFCAD to get the taxiways and runways sorted. Now for some reason no AI aircraft actually move. There are at the gates at the correct time but when an aircraft is given taxi clearence it disappears and none land at all. What is going on here??Cheers....

Nequinox,The problem probably is that you did not create a continues taxi way path, where you place single taxi way nodes for a given taxiway connected properly by the taxiway connectors using the same taxiway letter(s).I you entered a taxiway letter let us say "A: into the little window for creating new taxiways (THEN hit RETURN.....and got a message window asking you if you really want to create a new taxiway called A,and you answered YES in the window. If you did this, and you have a continues connected taxiway set of nodes leading from the starting runway point to some area where you then connect a Parking Area to using the NON-SPECIFIED taxiway connector nodes....... and you are still having a problem.Make sure you also highlite the active runway (right click on it...you will see it turn to yellow color) then go to the taxiway window.........and select that runway........then with you mouse..create a runway taxiway node at one end, and move the mouse to the other end of that active runway, creating a second node at the other end. In effect you will then see a "black line on the runway".If these two steps are done correctly, and you are still having problems.Then try to create a route, where some fs2k2 stock airplane takes off from the airport, and lets say flies to the same airport twenty minutes later. The object is to see if you can get the plane to taxi and take off based on your taxiway routing to the active runway.And in this way you remove the "element" of perhaps having incorrectly created routes (routes that are not correctly timed....which often lead to planes that disappear.I assume you are using TRAFFIC TOOLS. If so do read the documentation as how to create routes that will work correctly.The above suggestions are based on things I had to make sure where done correctly when I found that airplanes would not taxi properly from a parking area to the active and take off. Also I often see airplanes that will attempt to land, and then just disappear. Often this is because the routings are not set up so that the full cycle time for requesting a flight thru taking off and then landing and parking are not long enough in the Traffic Tools flight file. After providing addequate time for the given flight, the plane would take off and land, and taxi to and from, correctly. Lastly, I have found that some third party add ons will not work no matter what I do in TRAFFIC TOOLS and AFCAD. So I just scrape those planes. Some times the attempt to start taxing after requesting a IFRflight only to dissapear a few meters from a parking area, leaving a puff of smoke on the taxiway. This is becuase they where poorly designed....................so one should be carefull not to place to many taxi nodes and connecting nodes in a given area to minimize the abrupt turns the aircraft has to make as it attempts to taxi to the active.Hope the above helps a bit to get you started. Bottom line....experiment....using the least amount of variables. For instance, place a parking/or gate that is big enough to hold the type plane you want to use, (don't try to use a small parking area for a jumbo jet for instance, the radius of the aircraft wings must fit into the given radius assigned to the given parking area.Try making a parking area just off the active runway, connect it with as few taxiway nodes as you can that lead to the active. If you can get the plane to work with a minimal amount of taxiway nodes, you can then expland.cheers,George B.