Sign in to follow this  

Emma Field

I have found myself drooling over the quality of the scenery in Emma Field. Just a quick general question. Can the average scenery designer with tools such as Photoshop, Groundmaker and GMax create such scenery? Or do those designers have really advanced tools to create such beautiful works of art?Thanks,Jay

The physical scenery I beleive has been made using common tools. I used to work some with Richard, and our techniques and tools are quite similar. The big difference is that Richard has more skill making vehicles, his trucks and stuff like that always exceeded my efforts. But his use of ground cover, his techniques for blending in to the default, his trees coverege, his buildings, are quite recongizable to me, and clearly is doable using tools from the scenery and terrain sdk from fs2000. He may have 3dsmax rather than gmax...but I suspect gmax is good enough for most purposes.Of course, emma is a team project that employed programming to key events, sounds, animations, that requires custom knowledge and probably c or c++ programming skill and compilers.B