Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

heliport / platform with BGLC

Has anyone here done an elevated platform (eg for a heliport or ship etc) using BGLC? I did a search but couldn't find anything of value...Apparently fsregen can do that for me, but it's nowhere in the readme...Reading the FS2000 sdk, I have to use AREA_SENSE and SET_ALTITUDE. The sdk says it has to go into the misc section. Is that right, or is this how things where pre-fs2000 and M$ didn't changed their documentation...The other thing I'd like to know is if the SET_ALTITUDE scales with SCALE_AGL, ie does the altitude count from the ground or from zero. If it counts from zero, that would be a bit of a problem, because the building height can change (using SCALE_AGL) depending on which mesh is used. I guess, I'd have to place the building with SCALE instead of SCALE_AGL then.Also, should I set the altitude of SET_ALTITUDE a little higher to avoid crash detection? Will the helicopter float in the air if I do that?It would be great if someone who has some experience with this could give me some answers. Thanks...Cheers, Christian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!