Sign in to follow this  

AI-Traffic not shown in aircraft-menu

Hi there,I'm using (together with AFCAD) the AI-Shuffler to optimize my ai-traffic for europe. Everything's fine so far.Together with the shuffler, I downloaded some packs of (middleclass-quality) planes (made with gmax) to bring real airlines (not these microsoft-world-airlines) on my screen. Now my tiny problem: I don't want to use these aircrafts to fly them by myself. So I don't need them to be shown in the aircraft menue. Somewhere I heard that the aircraft don't appear in the menue, if you delete the specific panel-folders. I've done that, but the aircrafts still appear in my aircraft-menue. I'm not able to find any difference between the default ai-aircraft (e.g. the default md83) and my new ai-traffic (checked also the aircraft.cfg).Does anybody know, how to get rid of the planes in the aircraft-menue?? Regards, Watsi

Maybe change the UI manufacturer to "AI" or something like that, and they will all be under one manufacturer. This won't affect the way ATC calls them, as the UI name and ATC names are different.MikeKOCF

Thanks Mike,not quite the 'real' way but as a compromise solution very good.The question about the difference between the default ai-aircraft (not shown in menu) and the added ai-planes (shown in menu) seems to be harder then I thought.Regards, Watsi

Do this: 1. Download AirEd from one of the major FS sites. It is used to open .air files.2. Open the .air file of the aircraft you don't want to appear on the menu.3. On the line that reads, 'aircraft type=0', change the 0 into 2. It will not show up anymore on the menu.http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/9vsve/sig.jpg

Thanks ZLee! I also thought about the air-file. But I believed there's another way to show or hide the planes in the menu. Is this the common way it's done??Regards, Watsi