Sign in to follow this  

Creating Centerlines In Airport 2.6

I want to create taxi centerlines in Airport 2.6 using a custom texture. The centerline needs to be an alternating black-yellow-black line. I'm designing for FS2002. I used the Create Road tool to create the centerline using a width setting of 1 foot. Using my custom texture for the road, this creates the centerline that I want. I used the Polygon tool to create my taxiways that the centerlines will go on top of. I understand that the "roads" used for the centerlines require a layer setting higher than the polygon taxiways so that they will appear on top of the taxiways. My polygons are set with layers between 8-13, so a road layer of 15 seems to work fine. The centerlines appear on top of the taxiways. But if I try anything higher than 15 for the roads, then the centerlines disappear. I thought that roads could be assigned a layer setting of up to 80 so I don't know why the lines disappear. The second problem is how to get the centerline to appear on top of the runways. I think I need a layer setting higher than 15 but then I can't get the centerline to show up at all. I've tried various layer settings for the centerlines between 15-80 and can't get them to display properly. Any suggestions for creating a centerline using a custom texture ? Is there a way to use the Create Lines tool with a custom texture, or can you only create the default, single yellow centerline ?Also, does the "arc" function only work in the Create Lines tool in Airport 2.6 ? If I could eventually get my centerline to show up properly, it would be nice to be able to take advantage of the arc tool but it doesn't appear to be available in the Create Road function. Thanks for any suggestions.Stevesgonwa@charter.net