Sign in to follow this  

An LWMPoint time saver tool

Hi AllIn following Richard's LWM tutorial I was finally successfull to cut a hole into the default terrain textures leaving default water without a shoreline. The most time consuming part of the process for me was finding the LWMPoints and typing them into the source .asm or .txt file so I developed this small tool that loads a 256x256 (LOD13)image. Then I just click on the image to define the LWMPoints and with each mouse click the LWMPoint data is printed into the multiline textbox. From there I just copy then I paste it into my source file. If you think this little tool might be some help to your efforts then here's a download link for ya. An LWM MethodI'm wanting to upgrade this sometime in the future to include zoom and scroll features for better cursor accuracy but for now it's an AS IS deal.I hope you find it helpfulKen

Hi there,Very interesting little program!Unfortunately for me it came a few minutes too late ;) But from now on, I am in!!There is one feature I think you could fairly easily had to the program which would help in the creation of VTP2 Polys. Two boxes where we could input the coordinates of the NW corner of the current area (LOD13). In this case, each area is stil a 256 x 256 grid but now the reference is the NW corner of the current cell(LOD8). Than in your program you just need to add the x and y coordinates with these numbers respectively so that you get the right numbers for the VTPPoly2.Thanksjmf

I'm sure that in time I'll be able to add VTP2 poly elements like you've mentioned above. I'll have to study more on my programming skills and I'll need the proper formula to calculate those points as well. Eventually I'd like to have LWMDraw actually write the source file after entering all the data required but that'll be some time away at this point. In the meantime it at least does what it does and should be somewhat helpful. In my original post above I didn't mention that there is included an html file I created explaining how I used LWMDraw along with my Bush Lake .asm file that can be simply draged and dropped onto BGLC.exe (Richard's include .inc files required).Thanks for the comments and suggestionKen

Wow quite an awesome little tool. We have come quite away in only two months time. Great job Ken... this tool is definitely handy. Heck it should work for VTP Method 1 since it uses 256x256.

Thanks, I hope to implement more features as time goes on and I gain more programming knowledge.Ken