Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Light or no light question

Hi,I was wondering if:the yellow centerlines that direct the planes from the taxiways to the gates, are they usually centerlines with green lights like taxilines or just yellow lines without light?Also the hold short lines are they lighted?Thanks :)Michel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Michel it depends on the airport in regards to ramp and taxiway lighting(I.E does the airport support "low visability" ops as in CatIII as low vis ops generaly govern the level of all the lightingat a major ariport. Dan

Hi Michel!Yes depends on type of airport. In Ljubljana (LJLJ) we have centrelines lighted with green lights every 50m by night, but not on all taxiways! All holdings before runway are red lighted until controller allows pilot to line-up with runway.Green lightning is usually not present on aprons, there You can have blue lighting. On Wien-Schwechat I saw that controller lighted blue centrelines to aid pilot to taxi to correct gate.Hope this help. Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Thanks for the answers gentlemen, so I will ask about my airport to see if I have to enable or disable the lights :)Cheers!Michel