Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Newbie scenery questions...

I've just started using FSSC to build scenery - my first project is a pair of small airports that 2k2 left out of British Columbia - and I've got a couple of questions that I can't find answers for...Can you re-compile/combine multiple bgls into one larger bgl? FSSC insists on producing a seperate bgl for each exclude area in your scenery, and I'd love to be able to simplify things by running the exclude-bgls in with the main scenery bgl. Is this possible?A related question: I haven't had a really good look at the scenery SDKs for 2k2, but it looks like you can use default objects like the live windsock in custom scenery somehow - can this be done inside FSSC, or should I produce a second bgl and then (hopefully) combine it with the rest of my scenery?Thanks,Brian.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Brian!I use FSSC for more than a year and I must say it is very pleasant program. Regarding Your questions:1. You can combine more bgls to single bgl, it just depends what You want. If You'll have separate FSSC files for static objects, for dynamic objects, for ground scenery or houses, You'll get separate BGLs. This can be useful, since one who doesn't want to have dynamic and/or static aircraft and vehicles, can just delete those bgls. But on exclusion bgls, I haven't tested that yet but You can link them using program SCLINK.EXE in SCASM directory. Look into docs for documentation. And by the way, exclude BGLs are separate files always.2.Yes, You can use so called library objects built into FS or CFS, You just use APIs (provided with FSSC BTW) to call these objects. But You are also encouraged to make own APIs using EOD, FSDS, maybe GMAX (and export them as API) or search file library on AVSIM, FlightSim etc for these APIs. Especially worth APIs are from Gerrish Gray - Trees.Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net