Sign in to follow this  

How to line up default FS runways with phototerrain?

I just did my first phototerrain project with Misho's wonderful program. Unfortunately it's somewhat misaligned because of my original coordinate boundaries. How can I move the photoscenery over?Below are two screenshots showing what I want to do. One picture is an FS screenshot showing how the default FS runway aligns with the photoscenery. As you can see, it is offset. The point circled white should be where the aircraft on the runway is. I entered the coordinates I wanted into TB and aligned a specific point of the scenery to those coordinates. TB shows that the photorunway is located at the point the FS runway is, but this clearly isn't so in the FS screenshot. What did I do wrong? TB *thinks* the geographical point IS at the coordinates I want them to be, but FS says otherwise.I noticed that FS gives you coordinates in a format which I am not sure is Degrees/Mins/Secs. For example, in FS, the runway should be at N36*21.33' W97*54.88' I'm not sure if that was DMS, so I converted that last two digits into seconds by treating those last two digits as a %. For example, in W97*54.88', I found the seconds by multiplying: .88 * 60 = 52.8. So, in TB format, it should be -97:54:52.8Did i convert it wrong?ThanksEnrique

there are two problems to deal with, first is your photo rotated as need be to match the runway. That is not really a tb thing, and trial and error is the only way i know to tell. I take a screen shot of the first test and measure the angle between the runway and the "scar", then rotate the source photo as needed and recrop, and re-resample.I pin the runway scar to the runway by using the ends of the runway to define my cellxdim, cellydim, and then use those values to place the nw corner geographically. this works nearly perfectly. for it to work it assumes you know the position of both ends of the runway. You convert the degree:min:seconds to decimal degrees for both ends of the runway. subtract the two ends, leaving you with a delta in latitude and longitude. Measure on your photo how many pixels between the same two points in x and y. divide delta deg lat by pixels y, and delta deg long by pixels x. now you have cellydim and cellxdim.Now measure how many pixels in x and y from one of your runway points to the nw corner of the photo. Multiply pixels x by cellxdim and substract that from the dec deg longitude of a known point and you have the longitude of the nw corner....repeat for the lat of the nw corner.Now compile and fly, the runway photo will match the runway.Sorry I'm not using terrabuilder, but terrabuilder is using all these concepts, and Misho has included a way to do two point calibration, I'm nearly sure.Bob Bernstein