Sign in to follow this  

Photoreal + Autogen = the future ?

Hi all, having just flown more then two hours the wonderful photoreal rioja scenery of Julio Estenfania Estefania (380 MB), i am conviced, that the combination of photo-real texture + autogen + custom objects is the most realistic way to represent landscape. Julio put theveral thousand objects by hand with the annotator- a methode wich seems not very viable for bigger areas. So two questions about better tools : 1.is there a known way to make object placing easier or more automatic ? For trees it should be possible to draw bigger areas of woodland directly in the sclice and have more dense setting of trees then the annotator can offer. For buildings, maybe a qood city-map can be used where the tool convert the -lets say- red building areas in autogen construction.So you have at least the correct shape of the town. 2. is there an easy way to redraw lines on top of in the photo-texture ?. Thats because on a certain flight-level roads become to blurry to use as guidelines.It would be good to have a crispy line which of cause has to blend fine with the photo-texture.I think, the answer to that questions is also very important for new projects like the upcomming uk-scenery. btw I would like to invite everybody to enhace the rioja scenery of Julio with even more 3 d objects ( so at the airfield of logrono) to make it the most realistic freeware-scenery. TN