Sign in to follow this  

SCASM error: Linebuffer overflow

I've created a API macro with FSDS 1.6, but I cannot compile it with SCASM 2.88. All I get is the error message:Error in macro file e:kauhavaapifmpatsas.api line 12318 -> EndA -> -> Linebuffer (20478) overflow, line 876/1281 truncated ! -> too many errors ( 32767 )I even tried to split this object into multiple API's, but the error message still is there with one object part. I also tried to use FSDS2 to create the API, but no luck - the same error message exists!The zipped API can be downloaded from: http://pages.prodigy.net/rantalaj/fmpatsas.zipAny ideas?

Guest gorchi

Hi!Like You I have also come to the limit of SCASM... Well Your api is ohoho long... 700+ kb and 12000 lines! That is way too much even if I put enormous numbers in SET instructions as follows:

Set( BUF 20480 )Set( areamx 20480 )Set( LINBUF 20480 )Set( MAXPTLST 8196 )

My problematic API is around 170kB long and it has around 3200 lines that can still compile. More than that, I get error just like Yours; too long Area data. So You really should divide Your API to 4 or more parts, and try once more. I would also advise You to use FSDS V2 (well, maybe it is worth waiting just a little bit, since they are just preparing an update), because it uses FS2k4 updated code. But still, do not complicate objects too much otherwise You'll have low framerates (I see also some smoothing of round shapes in Your API).I also advise to You, that You put on some (line etc) objects range condition check, so the FPS will not suffer if aircraft is 5 nm from the objects. I usually show fences, antennas, radar domes and other precise objects when Aircraft is closer than 300m (or even closer than 200).Hope this will help You a bit!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

The API contains two similar objects, the only difference is texturing. I tried to split API into two different API's -> 1st object was OK, but the second created a warning. Then I divided that second object into 4 different API's and I managed to isolate the problem (i.e. the problem part was alone in that API) and it still created a error message. As far as FSDS2 is concerned, I also tried it. However, the textures disappear when I'm opening FSDS1 fsc files with it. So this means that I've to do texturing again... but even without textures, I created API macro, with no luck.

Hello,You don't need to split the macro in two, but just make a couple of changes and it will compile in only one macro without problems. Here are the changes you need to make:=========================================Set( BUF 1024 ) ; -->> Place this 3 lines as indicatedSet( LINBUF 1024 ) ; set( areamx 1024 ) ;mif( 0 ); displays airport symbolArea( 5 %1 %2 1 )RotatedCall( :symbol 0 0 %5 )Jump32( :endsymbl ):symbolRefPoint( 7 : 1 %1 %2 )Points( 1-364 0 -209-364 0 209364 0 209364 0 -2090 0 0 )Poly( a 1 5 2 )Poly( a 2 5 3 )Poly( a 3 5 4 )Poly( a 4 5 1 )Return:endsymblEndAmifendArea( C %1 %2 %3 ) ; <----------------- Change the area to type CIfVarRange( :Exit 0346 %12 5 )PerspectiveCall( :PCall )ShadowCall( :PC02 )Jump32( :Exit ):PCallPerspective:PC02=========================================The compilation will not make any errors. If you get an error this may caused because you are using more macros in your scenery, old style macros...., as it seems to have a memory allocation problem in Scasm when compiling huge macros, and old style macros don't have the apropiate buffers sizes and area codes.Rafael Sanchez[a href=http://www.fsnova.com][http://www.fsnova.com/images/NsAnimation1.gif ][/a][/p]

Thanks Rafael!Those lines did the trick...- Jussi