Sign in to follow this  
Guest JR Morgan

Airport scenery runways and taxiways are offset from AF

When I download and install airport scenery files (La Guardia as an example), I noticed that AI planes taxi and takeoff in the grass next to the taxiways and runways. Using AFCAD I see that the graphic taxiways and runways from the new scenery are offset from the paths shown in AFCAD.Is there any easy way to fix this other than manually redoing all of the paths in AFCAD?Thanks

Guest JR Morgan

Hello dere CajunRon... Hey ma friend, I ga'-ron'-tee dat can be done. First, we got to get us one of dem big bottles of dat Luu'ziana Tabasco Sauce, the world's best warmer upper and den, ---- Woops, wrong re-ci-pee'.Seriously, if these are files that were created with airport for windows that you downloaded, I think the easiest thing to do is to email the scenery author calling attention to the offset and request that he (Please) correct the offset to match the MSFS default AI location and re-upload it or send you a copy. Another way to fix it would be if the author would be agreeable to emailing you a copy of the *.apt (only) file and allow you to reset the Scenery Center's location yourself using Apt26. It should be easily corrected by adjusting the scenery center's Lat/Lon positions within the window of Apt26 and re-compiling the scenery. You'd probably need to leave all the other downloaded settings in the airport for La Guardia unchanged --- unless the author included some 'firmly' located object macros in the scenery. If it's the latter case, it would probably be best corrected by the author.'From an old aviator who grew-up dodgin' the water moccasins in Caddo Lake.Good Luck;J.R.