Sign in to follow this  

ILS Morse Code Identifiers

I would like to know if it is possible to change the morse code identifier associated with a specific ILS?I recently downloaded a scenery upgrade (cyyzfedex.zip) for the Toronto Pearson International Airport. This upgrade includes the new runway 06R/24L. I've noticed, however, that the identifier for 24L is incorrect. When I tune my nav radio to 111.95 for runway 24L, I am decoding an ident of "INV" which is actually the ident for 24R. Runway 24L is suppose to be "IDP".Is there a method or some sort of utility available to change these identifiers? Thank you...Dave:)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can use Easy Nav that can be found on this site. Once you have Easy Nav loaded you extract the file that contains ILS's for that scenery file with Easy Navs ILS editor. I imagine (not rally sure about the add-ons) that it will be in the ADD ON SCENERY folder? Anyways, I've used this utility to add the new ILS to the TERRACE, BC airport, works great. Once you have the particular ILS extracted you can edit it in the database and change the ident to the proper one. FS takes care of the morse for the ident entered, ie; it reads the letters and converts them to morse in the program. Fairly simple to do, just read the manual.The Easy Nav file can be found in the File Library. Just search for en2k400.zip

BigH,Thank you very much for the information :) I just downloaded the Easy Nav program from the AvSim library. It certainly looks like the tool I need to correct the identifiers. I'll be reading the .pdf documentation a couple of times before going at it but I'll let you know how I make out.I'm glad this program is available. Ninety percent of my FS flying is IFR. Nav identifiers are very important. I purchased FS2000 shareware scenery for KPHL a couple of years ago only to find their identifiers for the associated ILS approaches were the actual runway numbers (ie: "27R" instead of "IPDP"). I know this may seem like no big deal to most folks, but it is frustrating for me. Anyway, I have my work cut out. Thanks again and happy flight simulating!DaveBurlingame,CA