Sign in to follow this  

Lights in scenery using the 'halo.bmp' texture

Hi all,OK, I know that you can assign 'LIGHT_Landing' etc. as Gmax material e.g. to a simple triangleand it will appear as light in the scenery. Getting the direction of the Light_landing done right, you can even get a more or less directional light. This has been discussedhere before.But it still is not as intensive as on aircraft. Lights on aircraft in FS2002 even becomemore intensive when being more far away. Up to now I thought that this is restricted to aircraft design (maybe different mdl format). BUT: I've now seen FS2002 sceneries that did the trick, so I'd like to know what in addition to assigning the material has to be done.Someone mentioned in an earlier post that you need to use the 'halo.bmp' default FS texture to get this effect. So obviously there are fellows here in the forum who know how to do it :-)Would it be possible to explain the procedure in detail right here?I've tried to use the halo.bmp as material in Gmax but to no avail up to now.Thanks in advance!Rainer

HiI think you've just sorted out what i've been trying to achieve for AGES.Thanks a lot for the tip ;)Will

Hey Will,I need some further help to get this going also. Please don't let me standing in the rain now :-)Rainer

HiSorry about that, my mistake, i thought i was just on the brink of finding out how to create a light in Gmax, but if you look at my posting on the forum, i've just found out how - by simply replacing the default gmax MakeMDL to the MS SDK one (you proberly already know about it).Good luck with your post - i'll keep my eyes open