Sign in to follow this  

different lighting effect..... see pic

Hi AllReally confused about what is causing the different lighting effect, as we pan round, the sides don't seem to be affected in the same wayIs it to do with the Texture DXT1(A), or the Texpoly() command?I am using the loadbitmap() and Texpoly( m ? ? ? ? ) commands, is it likely to be caused by the values in "?" and might I be better to use the "a"/"ai"The other question I have is why, or is it necessary to apply the texture to both sides of the polygon, even if it is not visable!!!Hoping someone can help me waste my time effectively, rather than the way I choose to spend it, not getting anywhere!!!RegardsDave

Guest luissa

Hi,>Is it to do with the Texture DXT1(A), or the Texpoly() >command? I would not bet on the TexPoly()... BUT, are you using Points() only or VecPoints()? Are you using ShadedTexPoly() on other faces?>I am using the loadbitmap() and Texpoly( m ? ? ? ? ) >commands, is it likely to be caused by the values in "?" and >might I be better to use the "a"/"ai" If your RefPoint is inside the car then "a" is OK! But if the face with "? ? ? ?" appears the problem is not here .... The "? ? ? ?" only determine if the TexPoly() is performed or not depending on your position. "? ? ? ?" define 2 things:- a unique plane in the 3D space;- and one of the 2 directions that are perpendicular to that plane.If you are in the 1/2 3D space defined and pointed out by that unique plane and direction the TexPoly() is taken. If you are in the opposite 1/2 3D space the TexPoly() is skipped.With the automatic "a" the unique plane is precisele the one containing the points of the TexPoly() and the direction is the one that "comes from" the RefPoint().>The other question I have is why, or is it necessary to >apply the texture to both sides of the polygon, even if it >is not visable!!! When a "planar" polygon is only visible from one side, there should be no reason to waste a TexPoly() for the other side.>Hoping someone can help me waste my time effectively, rather >than the way I choose to spend it, not getting anywhere!!! Regards, Luis

Hi LuisThank you for your helpful comments regarding my confusion!I have used to sets of points using the point() command and used the Texpoly() command to form polygons. My Refpoint is outside the car as I have used the Transform() command to locate its position from the refpoint.So from what you said, if I can see the polygon, them vector information and its length isn't my problem.Given the above, what causes the light to change colour, I understood that the texture was suspose to remain constant and that you use one of the other commands you refered to for this purpose, I.e. sunlight.Many thanks for your help, againRegardsDave