Sign in to follow this  

Best program?

All I want to do is add a fictional VOR to a few already existing airports. What would be the best or most simplest program to use?Thanks for any help.Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Phil:Take a look at an interesting (Freeware) program courtesy ofHerve Sors, EASYNAVS 2002.With EASYNAVS 2002 you can extract and edit ILS, VOR, NDB and markers from FS2000 and FS2002 BGL files. Compile navaids databases to stand-alone BGL's."Very Nice!"See Design Utilities;http://www.scenery.orgTom G, Sr.

Hi,There is a VOR I need to increase range on, and this EASYNAVS tool looks like just what I need. But I'm doing something wrong. I can extract the VOR's from the database, and can get to edit, but I notice the radio frequencies say things like ".16.0" instead of "116.0" (even though I haven't done anything to the frequency), and then when I go to save I get a type mismatch and it crashes the program. Has anyone seen this? What am I doing wrong?Thanks,Kurt

Hi Kurt:I'll ask the obvious question, did you read the (quite) comprehensive documentation packed with the software in question? From there I would check the software

Hello,That is a good question, but yes, I did check the documentation. This problem isn't mentioned as an FAQ or anything at their site (that I found!), so I thought I'd ask here, first, since I am already a member.It does sound like I need to contact the author, so that is my next step. Thanks for providing the address.And thanks for pointing us to this program -- I am surely on the threshold of victory!Take care,Kurt