Sign in to follow this  

FS2k2 addon sceneries limits

Hi allCan anybody tell me what the upper limit is for adding, Addon sceneries to FS2k2...I have around 400 installed, but now find they off the loop as I add any more...is there a work around for this.CheersGus

Hi GusLook at the default full install of FS2002 with over 22,000 airport sceneries and a large mulitple of cities as well all within the default 120 entries within the Scenery.cfg file.If you install every scenery download separately you'll reach the end of the limit but if you combine sceneries together you can have unlimited sceneries. If you do this in an orderly fasion like placing all the bush pilot sceneries into a single scenery directory structure you'd only have one entry in the Scenery.cfg with over 200 downloaded sceneries. Of course you could arrange your sceneries any way you wish or combine the whole lot into one.Also, but a bit more confusing, you could have multiple Scenery.cfg files that coraspond to regions and only use the one for the region your flying in.I hope this helpsKen

Hi KenMany thanks for your reply...it gives me a couple of options here.Kind regardsGus>Hi Gus>>Look at the default full install of FS2002 with over 22,000>airport sceneries and a large mulitple of cities as well all>within the default 120 entries within the Scenery.cfg file.>>If you install every scenery download separately you'll reach>the end of the limit but if you combine sceneries together you>can have unlimited sceneries. If you do this in an orderly>fasion like placing all the bush pilot sceneries into a single>scenery directory structure you'd only have one entry in the>Scenery.cfg with over 200 downloaded sceneries. Of course you>could arrange your sceneries any way you wish or combine the>whole lot into one.>>Also, but a bit more confusing, you could have multiple>Scenery.cfg files that coraspond to regions and only use the>one for the region your flying in.>>I hope this helps>Ken