Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

Are FSDS 2 and Architect 3.0 compatible?

To any scenery designer,I have 2 questions:First, I have used FSDS v1.6 to design objects and place them in Architect 3.1. However when FSDS was updated to version 2, I was unable to get it to comple in Architect 3.1. I have not used Architect 3.3 yet but I was wondering--before I download it--if it's compatible with FSDS version 2?Second, I use Architect to place objects because when I place directly using FSDS version 2 I get strange shimmering effects and there seems to be a limit in the bgl size of the objects created. It this a problem with FSDS version 2 or is there an updated SCASM version I should use instead? Thanks.Regards,David

Guest sapper42

Hi Davemake sure you have the update to V2.11 for FSDS.regarding the shimmering, ive not suffered that so i cant help unless you have an overlap of polygons with diff textures that may be Z buffering, allso zoom in on the polygon as it may just be sitting over the surface of another.That will cause a shimmering effect.regarding the BGL size, yes there is a limit, about 80 k i think or there abouts, what i do is break up my model into parts and create BGL's from each part, can be a tad tedious but its not a big issue really.Architect 3.0 ive never used so again i cant commentrgds Jeff

>Hi Dave>make sure you have the update to V2.11 for FSDS.>>regarding the shimmering, ive not suffered that so i cant help>unless you have an overlap of polygons with diff textures that>may be Z buffering, allso zoom in on the polygon as it may>just be sitting over the surface of another.That will cause a>shimmering effect.>>regarding the BGL size, yes there is a limit, about 80 k i>think or there abouts, what i do is break up my model into>parts and create BGL's from each part, can be a tad tedious>but its not a big issue really.>>Architect 3.0 ive never used so again i cant comment>>rgds JeffHi Jeff,Thanks for your help.I went to the abacuspub website. I can only find FSDS version 2, not 2.11.As for the shimering, I doubt it's because of overlapping polygons with different textures. I now think it's because the scenery I was testing was quite large and this caused the shimering effect. Regards,David

I'm using FSDS 2.11 and Arc 3.2, and they work fine, with two caveats:1. You have to manually change the compiler from FreeSC (default) to Scasm.2. The macros don't display their proper shape, and you can't get that 3-D plug in to work, but this wasn't really an issue for me.- Martin

>Gday Dave, goto this link to download the update to V2.11>>http://www.abacuspub.com/fsds2/fsdsmain2.htm>>its an 8 meg download>>rgds Jeff :0)Hi Jeff,Sorry I didn't thank you for your help before, but I was away on vacation. I will download the update today and try again. Thanks for your help.

>I'm using FSDS 2.11 and Arc 3.2, and they work fine, with two>caveats:>>1. You have to manually change the compiler from FreeSC>(default) to Scasm.>>2. The macros don't display their proper shape, and you can't>get that 3-D plug in to work, but this wasn't really an issue>for me.>>- MartinThanks for your help, Martin. I will download the update today and see what happens.Regards,David