Sign in to follow this  

Scenery design over exsiting airport????

I am just getting back into making scenery. I am from CT and I have my solo license. One of my favorite places to land is Hartford Brainard because of the grass landing strip. However the real brainard airoport has 50-foot trees to clear over the river and Fs2002 had nothing more than a 5-10 foot tree. My question is how do I use my Flight Simulator Scenery Creator to open this airport so I can add to it?? Will I be able to visually see it? Or do I have to write over the existing coordinated and build a complete new airport?? All I want to do is add some trees and more buildings. Thanks in advance for all help!!!

Guest gorchi

Hi, everything what You said can be done with FSSC and maybe using some additional utilities.If You want to add only noautogen houses and trees then all You need to do is open a new scenery project, properly position it, put some API's of houses and trees (preferably Gerrish Gray's trees_03.zip from Avsim library) ant that's it.If You wish to add autogen trees and houses, then the easiest way to do is to again open a new scenery project at proper location, put polygons representing the borders of trees and houses (or fields with houses) and then after exporting, convert newly made "myscenery.sca" file with utility as SCM2XY2 (by Falko Dienstbach) to VTP polygons. The texture should be one of landclass numbers and this way You can have forests, villages, cities to exact borders (not limited as in usual landclass).As the third option You can exclude everything taht MS has got there and build the airport from the scratch.It's up to You to choose!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Thanks alot for the info you really helped me out alot. I am just going to do everything from square one. Thanks again, Joe