Sign in to follow this  
Guest damnlimey

Blank Taxiway signs

Guest damnlimey

I have just loaded Alan Wheeler's California Coast scenery, which puts taxiway signs on a number of small fields. However, all the signs appear with just a white face on the active side. I have the same problem on a taxiway signs add-on for KSJC. Am I missing some texture files? Where do I find them?Alan credits Taxiwaysigns.com for the signs.Any suggestions would be gratefully received.Keith

>I have just loaded Alan Wheeler's California Coast scenery,>which puts taxiway signs on a number of small fields. However,>all the signs appear with just a white face on the active>side. I have the same problem on a taxiway signs add-on for>KSJC. Am I missing some texture files? Where do I find them?>>Alan credits Taxiwaysigns.com for the signs.>>Any suggestions would be gratefully received.>>KeithKeith, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this but I've been out of town for a few days.The two required texture files for the taxiway/runway signs are DESTRUN.BMP and RWYINTER.BMP. Both of these files are in the CCC2REV1.ZIP file and you should have placed them plus the additional LOC.BMP in the Texture directory for the CCC scenery as stated in the README.TXT.Since you're having the same problem with KSJC (done by someone else)that probably is using the same BMP's, what you might do is put the DESTRUN and RWYINTER BMPs in your main Texture directory instead. This should solve both problems.Al adwheeler@comcast.net

Guest damnlimey

Thanks Alan, Must have missed that line in the read-me! I'll give it a try tonight.Keith

Guest damnlimey

AlanThanks - fixed it for your scenery, but not the KSJC (Matt Lave) problem. I tried copying the .bmp files into that his texture folder, as well as having them in the main folder, but no joy.Still it just goes to prove, "If all else fails - read the manual!!"Keith :-beerchug

Guest damnlimey

Downloaded and added the ASD and Nova textures to the main texture library. That was obviously the problem as now I see the KSJC taxiway signs correctly.Happy ContrailsKeith