Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

Cant get night texture

HI ALL can some one tell me how to get night texture to show up in FSDS v2 on my project.i put _LM at the end of the file name but when i go to view it in night,it shows my project all wite an i have night an day texture for the project.the day texture shows up,can some help me with this

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check and make sure your night texture is NOT 24 bit.Lou

Also make sure in the texture assignment box that you check the 'Night effects' box.

Hi CoreyI presume that when you made the texture you saved it as either a 256 BMP or DXT1 file format, you named the Day file as jdoe.bmp and the Night texture as jdoe_LM.bmp ( with no spaces between the underscore and the LM part )and have ticked the Night texture as Frank advised. if so all should have worked and presume you allso have both textures in the same texture folder. When you created the night texture however, did you resize the image ? as it must be identical to the day texture eg: 256x256 ? allso, did you remap the night texture to the model ? or just mapped the day texture and told it there was allso a night texture by ticking the LM box ? If your project object is small and can be zipped up, your welcome to email it to me and ill take a look to see if i can spot an error, you are welcome to zip and email the .FSC file to me at jeff@vic-sim.com and ill take a look.rgds Jeff