Sign in to follow this  
Guest grb

IF one must remove runway ILS's from airport THEN remake with Airport..

Guest grb

Hi all,In line with my previous question... topic ID: 15372 titled:Not seeing ILS Lights at end of runways...FS2K2I have reached the conclusion that the only thing I can do is SOMEHOW REMOVE THE ORIGINAL THREE RUNWAYS AT AN AIRPORT CALLED 12NC (Atlantic MCOLF). Then recreate the three runways using the AIRPORT program.OK. Two questions.Q1. What is the best way to remove original runways from an airport,with out affecting the rest of the airport facility?Once the runways are removed. Then I rebuild them using AIRPORT.OK. I have no problem with that. I know how to create new runways using AIRPORT, AS WELL AS CREATING A AFD addon ADF file.Which is the only way I can see to add the required ILS/GP/DME and PAPI, and other runway lighting to those new runways.Q2. How then can I still use the original data file used with AFCADto add parking areas and taxiways?It just seems like it is a catch twenty two, to modify existing airports adding runways etc., then to be able to target the right fileto load into AFCAD and then add parking and taxiways. At least this has been my nightmare more then once over the past few years.Any guidance would be appreciated.cheers to all,George