Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyingjock1

FSSC 1.5.10 and Taxiline Arc Option

Guest flyingjock1

Hi folksthis has probably been flogged to death before but im using the above version of Derek Leungs FSSC and am at a loss as to how to get the rounded corners when a taxiwayline changes directiom.Ive read that the arcset should be set at 30-45m. At what points in selecting and dragging the taxiwayline can i get the line to move round the corner so to speak and to display the curve as the lines changes direction by 90 degrees.As always any advice is appreciated.Tom

Guest Sam Hawks

I don't think that you see the curve of the line in the editor- only when you are in FS. But I'm not the expert, that's just what I've noticed

Guest meyrowings

I used that option before afcad2 was released - for fs2K4 this is my way to go.You can virtually enter any radius, 7-11meters worked fine for me.No, You won't see the curves in FSSC, but be assured, they'll await You in the sim.Happy

Guest flyingjock1

Hi GuysThanks for taking the time to answer my question.I can understand what you are saying about AFCAD 2 doing the drawing of taxiway lines etc but alas my computer will only allow me to fly FS2002 and use AFCAD 1.4 which means that ive to design my parking using 1.4 and my visual scenery using FSSC or AFW etc.Im not complaining, FS2002 gives me a lot enjoyment and makes my wife a virtual widow lol but ill do a bit of experimenting and see what i can come up with.Once again thanx for your help and compliments of the forthcoming festive season to you and your families.From a wet and rainy Scotland (Heh whats new!!!)Tom

Guest meyrowings

Tom,to be honest, the new Ai Engine and the clouds were the only thing that lured me into fs2004, and most addons I used have been updated now. So I invested in some hardware, which was badly needed by the new FS.I was quite content with FS2002... so I understand You. Try the FSSC lines, they'll look good, too.Regards, Torsten

Guest flyingjock1

TorstenJust to let you know i got it to work. I went into FSSC and went to my most recent project and made up some taxiways in a rectangle object (going clockwise from top left starting with A) giving me 4 corners to go round (a/b/c/d. I think i know what ive been doing wrong. Up until now ive been drawing a line with 2 points from say A across to B then a separate once from B down to C etc etc i ended up going round the rectangle with 4 separate lines but all points converging at the 4 corners if you know what i mean. Instead i started off at A when got to corner B i inserted a point just b4 the end of that line and then dragged the old point down towards C. Just before again inserted a new point and then dragged the old end point across to D. All the way round till im back at A. Saved and exported opened up FS2002 went to airport and eureka nice perfect rounded curves. Sorry if ive bored you with all the details but i tried for ages to get it to work b4 trying online, Anyway thanx again for all your help. Speak soonRegards. Tom