Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

taxiway signs

Hi... does anyone know what's the story with www.taxiwaysigns.com ?Also, does anyone know how to make taxiway signs in Airport for Windows, for FS2002?Richard

When you say "story" I am assuming that you are refering to the login box that appears when you click on the link...I'm not sure if they are still around, since I haven't heard anything about them in a long time. We can speculate that they are closed down, or whatever, and their relevance since FS2004 is diminished. I never was a big fan of their signs anyway, but I guess we all like different flavours.In FS2004, we can add and remove taxiways signs by using the SDK. I haven't tried adding them this way, but I removed a bunch, and it seems pretty simple. I still like to create my own signs for some airports, because beleive-it-or-not, not every airport uses those standard-looking signs. Anyway, I just made my own library objects to call and place signs. The problem is that it is not universal enough for all airports, so maybe if I find the time, I'll make some decent looking signs and uplaod them. Expect a wait of 6 to 8 months though, since I have a lot on my plate right now. It's probably best to crack open the SDK.- Martin

Thanks, Martin. The reference to the SDK refers only to FS2004 though, right? There's no equivalent for taxiway signs to the Airport for Windows default Runway signs?Richard

Are you using FS2002 or FS2004? If you are still using FS2002, then disregard the rest of this since it doesn't apply to you. Only FS2004 has runway signs, so yes this is the FS2004 SDK. I didn't even know AFW had runway signs. No matter, because I recommend that you don't use AFW to place runways - use AFCAD2 instead. Hopefully AFCAD2 will soon be able to place (and exclude) default style taxiway signs.- Martin

Hi again. I'm using FS2002.AfW has runway signs, but not taxiway signs. I've been using AfW to add some signage and extra buildings to a default airport. I can't see how to edit the runway signs though. They do include, for example, white on black signs that identify what runway you're on. The same signs, if I could figure out how to put a letter instead of a number on them, would be close enough for the taxiway identifiers (which should, really, be yellow on black)The also have the white on red crossing runway signs, but they only say taxiway 'A'. I placed a sign that said " <- 01 | A | 19 -> " perfectly, then I edited the API by - ONLY - changing the texpoly for 'A' to that for 'C', but when I went back to the airport and looked at it, it said " <-1 | | C 19 -> " with a see through piece of sign between the separator bars. I can't understand that, because all I changed was the points of the texpoly for 'A' to 'C' - and where did the '0' go in the runway number?Richard