Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcsk8

Pleas, help this beguinner

What freeware program is a good start to develop fs9 sceneries? I want if there is one that i can import a runway or an afcad file and add a scenery starting with the local airport area and extend it to the city.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiI use several programs to design my sceneries. AFCAD2 is a good one for importing an existing airport and changing the AI prking, putting in runways and adjusting the taxi ways.Airport for Windows is good for putting in runways, and 3d objects such as buildings, trees etc. You can also download 3d objects other people have made and install them in your sceneries.Flight Simulator Design Studio is a good pay ware program for designing 3d objects, you can then use Airport to install them.Gmax is an excellent program for making 3d objects and then installing them into the sim. This program is difficult to learn how to use. The great advantage with this program is that you can adjust the level of detail for each object. this helps to maintain good frame rates.Ground2k4 is another great program for changing Landcalss, terain elevation, ground polygons, roads, adn rivers.Hope this helpsSteve